Monday, October 14, 2013

Slow Cooker Corn Chowder

Slow-Cooker Corn Chowder

Today has not been a great day. It's gloomy and rainy and the children won't stop crying. My little man has suddenly developed a fear of any loud noises, even motorcycles driving by or airplanes and this is just in the last two days. He will cry and cry about it and I'm not sure what to do to help him. It probably doesn't help that he decided to get up at 5am this morning either.

Hopefully this evening will get better. Probably after they all go to bed! But until then, I will have to try to figure out how to get him to stop crying. Last week I promised a recipe for the delicious corn chowder I was making and so here it is! (It's rather hard to get a great picture of soup...) We are actually having the leftovers from last week tonight. Rainy days are perfect weather for soup, don't you think?

Slow-Cooker Corn Chowder (adapted from The Crockin' Girls)
Ingredients
  • 6-8 potatoes
  • 1 can Creamed Corn
  • 1 can Whole Kernel Corn
  • 2 cups Chicken Broth
  • 1 pound Sausage
  • 1/4 cup Butter
  • 2 cups Half and Half
Directions
1. Peel and dice the potatoes. Brown the sausage and drain the grease.

2. Add potatoes, both cans of corn, chicken broth and sausage into the slow-cooker.

3. Cook on low for 7-8 hours.

4. Mash the mixture into your desired consistency and add the butter and half and half. 

5. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high.

It's very easy to make and tastes so yummy! I just have to make sure I get it started early enough in the morning. Oh, and the leftovers taste just as good later on. Hope you like it!


Did you enjoy this post? Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER,
INSTAGRAM and on BLOGLOVIN' to stay updated!

(Parties I link to HERE)

2 comments :

  1. I'm all about the soups and chowders... especially in the fall. Thanks for sharing. I pinned this one (as I haven't had a good corn chowder in a while).

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning :) It was really good! I'm sure you will love it!

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...