It's soo cold here this weekend. I haven't even left the house since we got back home from visiting my family on Wednesday! My husband's work was cancelled today because of extreme cold. Right now it's -22 degrees with a wind chill of -46 degrees. It hasn't been this cold in a long time!
After being gone for a couple of months during the holidays, I am now back to working on the blog again. I'll have to make an update post on my boys, they are all getting so big and growing up too fast.
With these cold temperatures it's the perfect time to make soup in the crock pot! So that's what I did yesterday. It was something new I'd never tried before: Cheeseburger Soup. It was really good! We had salad with it and it was the perfect meal. My little boy loved it as well. I'll definitely be making this again soon!
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup (adapted from The Recipe Critic)
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 3/4 Cup Carrots, diced
- 3/4 Cup Celery, diced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Onion
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4-5 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 16 Ounces Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1. Brown ground beef and drain.
2. Saute carrots, celery, minced onion and seasonings in 1 Tablespoon of butter.
3. Combine the chicken broth, ground beef, vegetables and potatoes in the crock pot. Cook on low for about 6 hours. Mash the potatoes to your desired consistency.
4. Melt the remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter and add flour to it. Stir for 3-5 minutes and then add to the crock pot.
5. Add in the cheese and milk. Cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Before serving, stir in the sour cream.
Did you enjoy this post? Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER,
INSTAGRAM and on BLOGLOVIN' to stay updated!
(Parties I link to HERE)