Tater tot taco bake is kind of a mouthful to say, isn't it? It is one of my favorite casseroles to make, however. It's delicious and easy to make! Almost every recipe I like is easy to make, that's usually why I like them. This dish combines tater tots into a Mexican style casserole that tastes very yummy. There's also lots of cheese, cheese always makes everything taste good!
Tater Tot Taco Bake (Recipe adapted from Blog Chef)
Here is what you will need to make this taco bake:
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1 package Taco Seasoning
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn (drained)
- 1 can Black Beans (drained)
- 16 ounces Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 32 ounce package Frozen Tater Tots
- 19 ounce can Enchilada Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Brown ground beef and minced garlic in a medium saucepan. Drain off excess grease. Add taco seasoning, corn and black beans. Cook until heated through.
3. In a large bowl, combine beef mixture, tater tots (I use probably about 3/4 of the package) and 3/4 of the cheese. Stir together to combine.
4. Pour about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the prepared 9x13 pan. Add the tater tot mixture to the baking dish. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tater tots.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. In the last 10 minutes of baking add the remaining cheese to the top of the casserole. Some additional toppings you might want to add: green chilies, onion, black olives, sour cream or salsa.
Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and TWITTER!
(I might be linking to some of these lovely parties)