What is this award you ask? I was wondering the same thing. Emily kindly explained it in her blog post. This is what I learned about it:
- The Leibster Award is not an actual award, it is kind of like a chain letter; once you are nominated for one you must pass it on to other bloggers if you accept it.
- It is given to blogs that are up and coming with less than 200 followers.
- "Leibster" means sweetest, kindest, lovely, dearest, beloved and endearing in German.
- Even though the Leibster Award is not an actual award it is still an honor to be nominated. Once you are nominated you can accept it or not. If accepted, then you also pass it on.
- This award is a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers.
Once you decide to accept the award there are some responsibilities to follow. You must write a post about the nomination. In that post you must:
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator posted on her blog.
- Give 11 facts about yourself.
- Make up 11 more questions for the new people that you nominate.
- Thank your nominator and link back to her blog.
My 11 Questions to Answer:
1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in Minnesota.
2. What is your favorite dessert? My favorite dessert is probably fresh, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Those are the best.
3. What is your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is when people stop by my blog and leave comments, its great to know that someone is actually reading what I write.
4. Where do you most want to visit in the world? I would love to visit Ireland someday.
5. What is your favorite TV show? My favorite TV show right now is The Walking Dead. Can't wait for the new season to start again this fall.
6. What is your favorite place to shop? I guess my favorite place to shop is Hobby Lobby, there is so much cool stuff there.
7. Beach or mountains? Mountains for sure.
8. What is your favorite season? My favorite season is fall. I love the crisp air and the crunchy leaves.
9. What was your first cell phone? I don't remember really, but I got it when I was 18 I think. Some kind of old Nokia.
10. What is your best blogging tip? I don't have many tips yet, I'm still learning everything myself. I just started this blog two weeks ago. I guess my only tip right now is to be yourself and be consistent.
11. Do you have any pets? I have three cats, two rats and a bunny.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
1. My favorite color is green. I especially like to wear it in hopes that it makes my hair look more red.
2. I love collecting books and have thousands of them, I have no idea exactly how many.
3. My twin boys will be born 9 days after my first son turns one. (If not sooner)
4. I was home schooled from kindergarten through graduating high school.
5. I am an oldest child with 3 brothers and 2 sisters. My youngest sister is 18 years younger than me.
6. I am in the military, although I am inactive now and only have less than one year left.
7. I went to school for Graphic Design but switched to Criminal Justice, which I now regret. (I have a Criminal Justice degree)
8. I am going to be thirty this year! I definitely don't feel like I'm that old already.
9. I'm in the middle of the first book of the Game of Thrones series.
10. We are watching the show Supernatural on Netflix, from season one to whatever the last season is that they have on there.
11. I used to not like cake so when I was younger I had birthday pie. Cake has grown on my since then.
My Leibster Award Nominees:
1. Kate @ Another Clean Slate
2. Margaret & Katie @ Sugar Me Pretty
3. Julia @ It's Always Ruetten
4. Kate @ The Sticky Mom
5. Michelle @ On a Wing and a Prayer
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. Gold or silver?
2. What is your favorite candy?
3. What is the last book you read?
4. What is something you can't live without?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. If you could live in any other decade, which would it be?
7. What is your greatest accomplishment so far in life?
8. What was your favorite childhood toy?
9. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
10. What is the inspiration behind the name of your blog?
11. Who is your role-model?