Here is what I used to make mine:
- embroidery hoop
- ribbon to hang it with
- white string
- double sided tape
- hot glue gun
- paint for the embroidery hoop
- square paper punch
- 4 colors of cardstock
How I made them:
2. Then I decided how many squares I wanted on each string and measured out how long the strings would need to be. You can make them as long as you want, but I made them 6 squares long. Then I cut all my strings the same length.
3. Starting at the bottom, lay out your shapes and use double sided
4. Paint the embroidery hoop, you will only be using the inside hoop. Let it dry. Then tie your strings around the hoop. Once you are done tying them, use a little hot glue on the inside of the hoop to keep them in place.
5. Decide how far you want your mobile to hang down and cut two pieces of ribbon the same length. Use the hot glue gun to attach them to the hoop. Your lovely new baby mobile is now done! You could also use a different ribbon and attach it around the outside of the hoop if you wanted to hide the strings, I will probably end up doing that to mine eventually.
(Linking to some of these lovely parties)