This week I am doing a geek edition of thing I LOVE! You might already know this, but I am slightly geeky. Not nerdy, just geeky...there's a bit of a difference.
nerd: a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.
geek: a person with an eccentric devotion to a particular interest.
After looking up the definitions, I am definitely going with geek over nerd! So check out these awesome and geeky things that I love:
1. Boba Fett KitchenAid Mixer I've seen a lot of custom paint jobs on the KitchenAid mixer, but this one is one of the coolest. I don't even have a mixer, it's something on my wish list, but if I did it would be awesome to paint it with a custom design!
2. Superhero Wall Art I love superheroes! I was seriously considering decorating my living room with something similar and it would have been fantastic. Someday I still might do that because now I am reconsidering. Good thing I haven't really done much to decorate yet, we've been here a year now but I've been putting it off.
3. I Still Believe in 398.2 Necklace Charm I just found this today and its so cute! 398.2 is the fairy tale section of the Dewey Decimal System. It combines two of my favorite things: books and fairy tales! I've loved all fairy tales ever since I was little.
4. Leather Quote Cuffs These are really nice bracelets, I would love to get one. Mainly I like them because I love the Tolkien quote. I've been a big Tolkien fan since I was little as well. My mother used to read us these books (and many others) every afternoon.
5. Legendary Maternity Set I've had a maternity or baby item on this list every weeks so far. But this is pretty cute, I had to include it. I love the show How I Met Your Mother, although the last season I thought it was getting a little old, but overall its a great show. This would be a perfect gift for someone who enjoys the show.
6. Mad Tea Party Pocket Watch Necklace I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland. I've been working on an Alice in Wonderland illustration for awhile. It isn't getting very far because I've been putting it off, but someday I will finish it! Seems like that happens with a lot of my projects.
So now you know a few of my interests that I have an eccentric devotion to. What about you? How many of you are also geeks?
Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and TWITTER!
(I might be linking to some of these lovely parties)