Remember my 21 day no junk food challenge? Sunday is already the last day, these last three weeks have flown by. I've stuck to the challenge, even though it was hard at times watching my husband eat his candy and chips and soda all the time! I have lost a couple more pounds, but it's been going a lot slower than it was at first. I have about 8 more pounds to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight.
I've also been working out everyday and am starting to notice a difference. My muscles are starting to slowly get back in shape. I'm still trying to find a good ab routine though. It's going to be awhile before I can do anything too crazy with my ab muscles. I tried doing a few sit-ups the other day and that was pretty painful.
I drink water all the time, it is literally the only thing I've been drinking (besides one cup of coffee a day) for months now. Sometimes it gets old, but I think it's been helping to keep my more hydrated. Here are seven important reasons why all of us should be drinking more water, especially if you are trying to lose weight:
1. Drinking water before each meal has been shown to help promote weightloss because you will feel fuller and probably eat less food.
2. Burning calories requires water. If you don't have enough water it will slow down the fat-burning process.
3. We need to drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins in our body.
4. Dehydration makes you tired.
5. Our minds tend to confuse hunger and thirst. Often, when you feel hungry, you might just be thirsty. Try drinking a glass of water and waiting 15 minutes before you snack.
6. Drinking a glass of cold water right away in the morning can help increase your metablolism for the day.
7. Even mild dehydration will slow down your metabolism as much as 30%.
One very interesting fact that I learned was this: when you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. It's important to drink water throughout the day to avoid this. There are so many other health benefits to drinking enough water every day and its free, there's no reason not to drink it!
Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and on BLOGLOVIN'!