Poulet de France is an easy and yummy chicken casserole to make for the family. I've made it a few times and everyone loves it!
Poulet de France (source: Once a Month Cooking Cookbook)
- 12 Ounce Package Seasoned Bread Stuffing
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Margarine
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Cups Chopped, Cooked Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Minced Chives
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Celery
- 1/2 Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Milk
- 10 3/4 Ounce Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 Cup Grated Mild Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, mix stuffing, melted margarine and 1 1/4 cups broth.
3. Mix chicken, 3/4 cup broth, onion, chives, celery, mayonnaise and salt in another bowl.
4. Spread half the stuffing in a 13x9 inch baking dish treated with nonstick spray.
5. Spread chicken mixture over stuffing. Cover with remaining stuffing.
6. Whisk eggs, milk and soup in a large bowl. Pour sauce evenly over stuffing.
7. Cover dish with foil and bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese, and continue to bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.
(I might be linking to some of these lovely parties)