Can you believe it? It's already October 1st today! Pretty soon it's Halloween and then shortly after it's Thanksgiving (and I turn 30, yikes!) and practically Christmas already. I love this time of year, except for the fact that it goes by so fast! I'm so excited to be participating in a blogging challenge this month. My first time ever. I mean, sure I'll probably miss a few days here and there, but it will still be lots of fun!
Today's prompt: Share at least five reasons why you blog.
I remember back in April or so of this year I was bored and looking for something to do to occupy my time as I waited impatiently for the twins to be born. I came across a couple of awesome blogs and I loved the design of them and I thought "that's so cool, I wonder if I can do that too?" So I started this blog in May without really knowing much about what I was doing and have been learning more about blogging ever since.
This is why I blog:
1. To give me something to do. Back when I started I was really bored, I am not so much now. In fact I am super busy all the time! (It feels like it at least.) I still love blogging though and do not want to give it up even if it takes lots of extra time. I just don't always have as much time as I used to.
2. To keep me motivated. For example when I do my fitness challenges and I blog about them, it gives me motivation to stick to them. If I didn't write about it I would have a much harder time sticking to it! I also wanted to stay motivated to finish some of my many projects I have half completed, but that hasn't been the case. Not enough time...(hopefully that will change as the boys get older.)
3. To meet new people and make some friends. I don't get out of the house much. I love reading about other people's lives and it's awesome when people comment on my posts! Lately I have been terrible about keeping up with comments and reading other blogs. I need to get back to that.
4. To work on my writing and maybe get better. I wish I was a better writer. I guess that's part of the reason I started this blog, to practice. I would love to get better at it but I don't think I work at it as much as I should! (If I ever was granted one wish it would be that I didn't need to sleep anymore, I'd be able to get way more things done that I want to do!) My little sister, however, is an awesome writer. I'm so proud of her! Check out her blog here if you want to see what I mean.
5. To work on my design and tech skills. I love designing things for my blog. You might have noticed how often I have changed the design in the past few months. I have also had to learn a lot about HTML and other simple tech things as I updated my blog. Still learning, of course. There are still lots of things I need to figure out how to do!
6. To share my life with anyone who wants to read about it. It started out with sharing about my pregnancy and now I get to post lots of cute baby pictures! That way friends and family can see what's going on with the boys. (I actually don't think very many of my friends or family read this blog, so it's mostly sharing with strangers I guess. Hopefully you all like to see lots of pictures!)
So that's why I blog. I wasn't sure when I started if I would continue very long, but it's already been 5 months now and I still love doing it!
Did you enjoy this post? Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER,
INSTAGRAM and on BLOGLOVIN' to stay updated!
(Parties I link to HERE)