I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend! My family was able to come visit and see the boys for a couple of days, so that was a lot of fun. We even got to have a bonfire last night, although the babies weren't cooperating so I didn't get to go outside, but that's ok. They also insisted on waking up at 5am this morning - silly boys.
This week I have a recipe for some delicious banana bread. It was my first time ever making banana bread and it turned out great. My husband even said it was the best he's ever tasted! I have decided that I really love baking stuff, the only problem with that is we are the only two around to eat everything once I make it. I'm going to have to start finding people to give half of it to I think...
Chocolate Butterscotch Banana Bread (adapted from Unconventional Mommy Tails)
- 2 to 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter-melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Mix together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt and sugar) in a large bowl.
3. Mash up your bananas in a medium bowl.
4. Mix in eggs, vanilla and melted butter with your mashed bananas.
5. Add the banana mixture to your dry ingredients and combine.
6. Fold in your chocolate and butterscotch chips.
7. Pour into your bread pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Did you enjoy this post? Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER,
INSTAGRAM and on BLOGLOVIN' to stay updated!