The other day I was thinking about everything that has changed since I had children. Pretty much everything is different, of course, but I decided to come up with a list anyways. Can you believe I've only been a mother for 15 months and yet I have 3 kids? That sounds insane to me. Next month will be our 2 year anniversary, too. These past two years have been pretty crazy as far as changes go, that's for sure!
1. I spend more time picking out clothes for the kids than for myself. It is not unusual for me to forget to get dressed until right before my husband comes home from work in the afternoon!
2. My car goes for weeks on end without being started. (We don't have carseats for both vehicles and mine wouldn't work for all three anyways since one of the back doors is broken and doesn't open...someday soon I will get a new vehicle)
3. I don't mind picking someone else's nose (just my babies, let's not get too crazy here!).
4. I've pretty much forgotten how to interact with real life adults.
5. Three hours of sleep in a row sounds heavenly.
6. I get to be entertained on a daily basis by three cute little goofballs. Life was never this interesting before.
7. I don't really have anything in common with my friends who don't have children anymore.
8. The smallest things make me tear up. Especially anything having to do with children or babies.
9. I identify more with the parents than with the kids on TV shows and movies.
10. If I do actually get to sleep for a few hours in a row, I wake up and worry that something is wrong because I haven't heard anyone crying.
11. Sometimes I miss my little boy when he goes to bed...that's probably really strange, isn't it?
12. I wonder every day how did I get so lucky.
13. Everything I do is planned around nap times.
14. I would rather go to bed early and get more sleep than go anywhere on the weekends.
15. I have to wash out my "clean" plastic containers and measuring cups before using them because they are scattered all over the floor.
I'm sure I could go on and on but I think 15 is a good number. What are some things that have changed since you had kids?
Did you enjoy this post? Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER,
INSTAGRAM and on BLOGLOVIN' to stay updated!
(Parties I link to HERE)