So remember my post about staying motivated last week? Well I think I need to read it again, today I have not been motivated to do anything at all! It probably has something to do with the grey, dreary weather outside because that never helps. I did finally get some stuff done but it took me alllll day before I started. The good thing is we finally got some raid that we desperately needed.
This delicious soup is a perfect meal to have on days when you don't feel like doing much. It cooks in the slow cooker all day long and you don't have to do anything else once you start it! It's also very good (and fairly spicy). It made a lot of soup, for us it was about three meals worth. We had corn bread with it one time, you can pour the soup over the bread and it's really good. Another meal we had rice with it and I put that into my soup which was also very yummy.
Taco Soup (adapted from examiner.com)
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can of chili beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can of kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can of whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
1. In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain the grease.
2. Combine everything in your slow cooker, mix to combine and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
Did you enjoy this post? Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER,
INSTAGRAM and on BLOGLOVIN' to stay updated!