I've seen these cake banners all over Pinterest so I decided to try to make one for Little Man's birthday cake. If you saw my post on Monday with pictures from his party, you probably already saw the cake that I made. It was pretty easy to make these cute little banners, I printed them out from the computer but you could easily just cut out triangles from colored cardstock instead. If you like the red and yellow banners I used, I have a link to download them or just make your own! I made mine 1.5 inches wide.
Here is what you will need before making these banners:
- Printout of triangles or colored cardstock
- Push pin
- 2 bamboo skewers
2. Use the push pin to make holes in each corner of the triangles.
Wiggle it around so that the holes are big enough for the string to fit through.
3. Cut a length of string that will be long enough and thread through the triangles from front to back.
4. Tie each end of the string of triangles to a bamboo skewer. Trim the excess string with scissors.
5. Stick the skewers into the cake and enjoy how awesome your cake looks!
Here is the link to download the red and yellow Happy Birthday triangles I used.
(Linking to some of these lovely parties)