Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Snickerdoodle Bars are the Best Dessert Bars Ever!
It's true. These Snickerdoodle bars are now my favorite dessert ever. This is about my third time making them and they are delicious! Super easy to make and they stay soft and chewy even after a few days. You must try them out, especially if you have kids that love Snickerdoodle cookies.
Snickerdoodle Bars (recipe found at My Own Sweet Thyme)
2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
5. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the batter in the baking pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed.
7. Remove from oven and let cool. Eat one or two of them before everyone else finds out they are done. Enjoy!
(Linking to some of these lovely parties and at Show Me the Goods)