Tuesday, May 7, 2013

learning how to customize my blog

I've been working hard to learn some basic HTML and other stuff to update and personalize my blog today. I had forgotten everything I used to know about it from way back in the day. Some of the things I learned:
  • How to change and customize my banner. Thanks to Helene at Bloggerial
  • How to make a button for my blog. This one I had to figure out myself, none of the tutorials worked quite right. I still have to figure out how to add the box below it so others can copy and use it. I've already tried three different things that haven't worked but I didn't want to spend any more time at the moment on it.
  • How to add social media buttons to my sidebar. Thanks to Kira at Primp My Blog
  • A refresher on some very basic HTML.
I spent a long time designing my banner and button and then came up with a completely new theme, so I had to make another one. I like to keep things simple without a lot of clutter. If anyone has any suggestions or comments on the design please let me know!

I'm working on getting more content on my blog, but while I do that I'm trying to get some followers. I linked my Instagram account and my Pinterest account to my blog. I also created an account on Bloglovin, which will also help me connect with other bloggers. There are tons of other blog networking sites that I will be looking into when I have the time as well. I will eventually be creating a Facebook page for my blog, but haven't had the time to do that yet.

For now I will keep working on my design to make it more appealing at the same time that I write as many posts as possible!

No comments :

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...