These last few days have been a little crazy and stressful. My boys are still in the NICU, I'm not sure when they will be getting out. Thankfully my mom is here to watch little man so that we can visit them a couple times a day. So we've had three extra people to make meals for.
One meal that my whole family enjoys is tacos and burritos. We had those tonight and I made some Mexican Sour Cream Rice to go with them. This was the first time making this dish and it turned out to be very good.
Mexican Sour Cream Rice (Source: A Taste of Home Cooking)
- 1 Cup Uncooked Long Grain White Rice
- 1-14 Ounce Can Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1-4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chilies
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar and Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
3. In the pot with the rice, mix the sour cream, corn, green chilies and 1 cup of cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Follow me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and TWITTER!
(I might be linking to some of these lovely parties)