My favorite type of food is Mexican food! I think my love of spicy food has been passed on to my little man. So far he loves to eat everything that I like. Of course, I don't give him the really spicy stuff like hot sauce or anything, but knowing him, he would probably like it. We all love enchiladas, especially the kind with white sauce and these ones are certainly delicious. The recipe is adapted from the Once a Month Cooking cookbook.
Green Chili Enchiladas
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Cups Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 Cups Sour Cream
- 4 Ounces Diced, Green Chilies
- 8-12 Flour Tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Brown the ground beef and drain. Combine with chili powder, minced onion, salt and pepper.
3. Set aside one cup of cheese. Spoon enough meat mixture and cheese onto each tortilla to cover 1/3 of it. Roll tortilla beginning at the filled edge. Place seam down in the baking dish.
4. Combine soup, sour cream and green chilies to make a sauce. Pour over the tortillas.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes. The last 10 minutes sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
6. Enjoy your delicious and easy dinner!
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and TWITTER!
(I might be linking to some of these lovely parties)