Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Quick & Easy Chicken Parmesan

Quick & Easy Chicken Parmesan

My goal this year has been to try cooking one new meal or dessert each week. I might have to take a short break when the babies are born, but I'm hoping to continue after that. So this week's new recipe was inspired by Holly at Spend with Pennies. She made a Quick Chicken Parmesan Casserole that looked yummy. I decided to try it out.

Normally I am not a huge fan of red pasta sauce, but this dish was quite tasty and my husband loved it. I think next time I make it I will try putting the croutons and half the cheese over the chicken and the pasta sauce on top of everything. If you are looking for an easy and quick dish to make for dinner that everyone will love, you should check this delicious recipe out!

Quick & Easy Chicken Parmesan

1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
3 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts - cut into small pieces
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 cups Pasta Sauce (from a jar or make your own)
5 ounce bag Garlic Croutons

1. In a pan, heat vegetable oil, chicken, minced garlic and Italian seasoning until chicken is cooked trough. 
2. Place chicken in the bottom of a greased 8x8 pan. 
3. Pour pasta sauce on top of the chicken.
4. Sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over the top.
5. Spread the croutons over the top of the cheese.
6. Add the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend! Now it's back to normal life! I can't believe the week is almost half over already. Today is my doctor appointment and a growth ultrasound, I'm hoping everything is still going good with the babies and I can't wait to see them again! I will update on Sunday as usual. If you missed this last week's update, you can find it here.
 


(Linking to some of these lovely parties)

24 comments :

  1. OMG, this looks sooooooo good. Will definitely be trying it! :) Thanks for linking up to Pin It Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to blog this blog world and came across yours. Cute blog and I hope to read more soon! Chicken parm is one of my favorite dishes in the world and your rendition looks amazing. I have a a clean/healthy recipe I created for this if you are ever interested. Have a great Tuesday. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am new to blogging as well :) Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  3. That looks really good! I love the idea of the croutons...yum!
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This sounds amazing!
    I'd love it if you shared this on Much Ado About Monday: http://www.huckleberrylove.com/2013/05/much-ado-about-monday-no-11.html

    Karla
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does look so yummy!

    Thank you for sharing & linking up at "Pin it" Tuesday! Your post will be featured next week!!
    PowerfulMothering.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome :) Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. You had me at quick...then at easy! Chicken parm really sold me! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fast, easy and yummy meal! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great week :)

      Delete
  8. At every link party I swear I click on one of your links because your pictures are awesome and your recipes are fantastic!!! This one looks like another winner, thanks for sharing! Yummmmmm! :) Happy to be following you!

    Best,
    Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm working on my photos, I'm glad you like them! Hope you have an awesome week :)

      Delete
  9. I love how easy that really is! Thanks so much for sharing at last week's All My Bloggy Friends! I can't wait to see what you share this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love making chicken parmesan! Yours looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe sounds delicious! Always looking for something new and yummy. :)
    chicken parm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay I am making this tonight --and I should say I rarely cook --due to my schedule , my husband makes all our meals and is wonderful. BUT something about this recipe just makes me think I should make this tonight --I'll be sharing this with my 16 and 17 year old sons . I beleive they will really like this --Thanks for sharing --I'll let you know how it turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your family liked it! Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...