Here are some facts about my babies at 30 weeks:
- They are about 15 to 16 inches long and weight around 3 pounds each, maybe a little more.
- They will hopefully gain about 1/2 pound each every week from now on.
- Their brains are growing and getting smarter by the minute.
- The little guys can now regulate their own temperature.
- Their skin is getting smoother.
- Their little hands are now strong enough to grasp a finger.
- They are practicing breathing on their own.
- Their digestive tract is fully functional.
As for me, I have bad acid reflux off and on. My ribs are constantly hurting and it is very hard to breath sometimes. I can't eat much food at one time, so I stick with smaller meals and snacks. Basically I am very uncomfortable all of the time lately. Sounds like fun, doesn't it! One good thing though: I don't have any swelling yet. I can still wear my rings and my ankles and feet are normal. This might change when it gets hotter out, I'm hoping that drinking tons of water will help.
It might sound like its awful being pregnant with twins, and it kind of is. But in the end its all worth it and I can't wait to meet my two little boys!
(Linking up here, here, here, here, here, here and here)